Beautiful porch swing and pops of colour, my ideal space to relax
There is something so magical about a beautiful porch. It makes you daydream about relaxing, reading a book and truly enjoying the moment. With summer still a little ways away in our climate, it is nice to look at some beautiful inspiration for the summer months ahead, and for those of you that are lucky enough to live in a climate that you can enjoy the outdoors all year round, I hope you appreciate how lucky you are!
Which one is your favourite? I am in love with any and all porch swings, but I think they all have their own unique special qualities.
Serious sleeping swing in a screened in porch
Elegant wrap-around porch
Serious outdoor living space on the porch with fans and all
Swings and sea-breezes
Love the details on this more rustic design and of course a beautiful porch swing
Classic columns and southern beauty
Images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- J. Crew Ruthie Dress $290 & J. Crew Bow Monde Dress $290
- Giuseppe Zanotti Clutch $490 & Paloma Pearl Clutch £60.00 & Anya Hindmarch Clutch €379.00
- Dorothy Perkins Fitted Wrap Dress $55 & Venetia Dress £395.00
- Casadei Nude Pumps $470
- Steve Madden Suede Platform Shoes $70
- BHLDN (great wedding site) Scintillation Heels $220
- BHLDN Tracery Dress $260
While we are still only in the first week of spring, before we know it we will be full swing into the busy months of the summer season. One of the many things on the calendar every summer is inevitably some wedding celebrations. Since we just got married last year, I am still blissfully in love with all things wedding, and planning outfits as a guest of said weddings is no exception. I got an email this week asking for some help tracking down “champagne” coloured dresses. It was for my cousin who is in a wedding, but the bridesmaid dresses are up to them, with the exception of the colour. I thought this would be an easy task to help her with, but it turns out while there is a lot of stuff out there, finding the perfect dress is not so easy. To kick off the wedding season, here are some of my top picks in a neutral palette and of course your fail safe black. Which ones do you like best? What will you be wearing to a summer wedding this year?
- Tory Burch Envelope Clutch $340
- Jimmy Choo Anouk Black Patent Pump $570
- DVF Lytton Clutch $360
- Ziggy Epiphany studded Heels $90
- Black Knuckle Clutch £15.00
- Karen Millen Dress NOW £ 110.00 (so on trend with peplum waistline)
- Mango Lace Neck Dress $55
- J. Crew Mirabelle Dress $308
- Alice + Olivia Randi Dress €367.00
- Elizabeth and James Alberta Dress ON SALE $178.50
Last week I showed you a few of the items I thought would help your home feel like spring here. Fast forward a week later and I have been able to incorporate a few of things into our place. To officially welcome spring, which happened on Tuesday, I thought it would be fun to show you what a dramatic difference a few small changes can do to your place, similar to when we switched out for fall here and here. What else are you doing to get ready for spring?
Winter colours in our arrangements and pillows
I have already shown you my love for Oreo cookies a few times, including my homemade version here, and the Oreo cheesecake cookies I used for a cookie swap here. Now for another variation, with this no bake truffle recipe. These were actually one of the cookies my girlfriends made for our trade at Christmas, and I have been meaning to try them ever since. They really are as easy as they sound, and equally as impressive. I can’t wait to try out some other truffle recipes soon, now that I know how foolproof they are, but I know I will be coming back to this one again soon. Check out the original recipe here.
You will need:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (15.5 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 4-1/4 cups), divided
- 1 1/2 pkg. (12 squares total) Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted (I used Baker’s chocolate)
- Mix cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until well blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.