Beauty Boxes – Month 2

18 Jun

June Glymm Box

Last month I shared this fun, new (to me) service I started using, where you receive monthly sample boxes of beauty products here and here. Last week, I received my second Glymm box, as well as a nice surprise bath & body box from Luxe Box.

As these beauty boxes become more popular, it looks like companies are tweaking their formats, packaging and even service experiences for their customers. My Glymm box this month was noticeably missing the product details card, but had a note that all product details have now gone digital and can be found online. I have to be honest, I missed the card since it was fun to read about the products right when you received them, and when I logged in online I could only seem to get information about some of my products, which was a bit disappointing.

As for my Luxe Box, I received an email last week noting a major change to their service. They are now moving to “seasonal” boxes, meaning 4 times a year, for a slightly different (higher) price point than the monthly boxes, but with the promise of more full-sized samples and an overall increase in the amount of product you receive in each box. I was not expecting my surprise bath and body box last week, which was a nice touch, and I am intrigued by the idea of seasonal boxes, so I will definitely be sticking with the service to see what it is like moving forward.

Do you subscribe to any of these services? I would love to hear your thoughts on the evolution of these companies and if you love getting a treat in the mail as much as me!

Bath and Body Luxe Box

***If you would like an invite to Glymm, please leave a note in the comments and I can send you a link to skip right to the head of the line.

About these ads

11 Responses to “Beauty Boxes – Month 2”

1. StephQ June 18, 2012 at 7:57 am #

Link, please :)

2. Amy Shaughnessy June 18, 2012 at 8:42 am #

I have heard of these boxes (haven’t heard of this brand). I need to get online and look at the different brands to see which one would be best for me. I like the idea of getting products in the mail monthly!

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

• With Love ~K June 18, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

It is a great treat! You will have to let me know which one you decide to go with. Thanks for visiting!
      xo K

3. Elena June 18, 2012 at 8:53 am #

Great idea to get different brands’ product in your mail! Very cute stuff on these photos!
    And thank you dear for your lovely comment on my post, glad you left a link to your beautiful blog!!!
    Xo
    Elena

• With Love ~K June 18, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

Thanks so much for visiting Elena, happy to have found your blog as well!
      xo K

4. susan June 18, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

I was disappointed about the LuxeBox going quarterly. I really kinda liked the idea of getting a little something every month. The marketing behind it was excellent though, must say.

• With Love ~K June 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

I felt the same way, but decided to wait and see how they do with the first quarterly box. I am thinking a monthly Glymm and quarterly Luxe might be the perfect combo :) xo K

5. Nicole July 5, 2012 at 10:20 am #

Hey Kendall, I’m a little slow.. but you can send me the link. It’s my Mom’s bday and I thought this would be a great idea!

• With Love ~K July 5, 2012 at 10:32 am #

What a great idea! Sending over the invite now :)

6. Tyna October 10, 2012 at 11:13 am #

can you send me a invite to luxe? purttty pls…. tsayavongs@gmail.com