Cool Colour Blocking

12 Jul

Sunglasses – Ray Ban, Necklace – Anthropologie, Watch – Fossil, Top – Guess, Skirt – Aritzia (last seen here), Bag – Rebecca Minkoff, Shoes – Sam Edelman

It has been extremely hot here for the past couple weeks, and while I am most definitely not complaining (we wait 9 long months for these precious hot days) it can make outfits a bit of a challenge. Given the fact that I felt like I have been wearing the same variation of a light, short dress on repeat the last little while, this outfit was a welcome change. The flowing fabric allowed me to stay cool but comfortable and I have been trying to pair this top with something other than skinny jeans, and I loved how it turned the look almost into a flowing a maxi dress. And of course, a little colour blocking always makes me happy.

About these ads

17 Responses to “Cool Colour Blocking”

1. crazystylelove July 12, 2012 at 8:44 am #

Ha ha, totally thought that was a dress until I read your post! Looks so fabulous, and I love the colours!
    <3 Jenny

• With Love ~K July 12, 2012 at 9:37 am #

Thank you….I love when you can mix and match like that! xo K

2. Amy Shaughnessy July 12, 2012 at 10:47 am #

I love the top and I am loving the flow of this outfit! You look cute!

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

• With Love ~K July 12, 2012 at 12:33 pm #

Thanks so much Amy….great for keeping cool :)
      xo K

3. Susan July 12, 2012 at 11:35 am #

Very pretty!

4. Neris July 12, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

OMG, im completely obsessed with your top! fab shoes as well!

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

5. Andrea July 12, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

You look darling!

~Art A La Rue
    Enter my awesome giveaway!

6. Chelsea July 12, 2012 at 8:37 pm #

Nice color blocking. The red and purple looks fab together!
    xo,

7. Thorunn Ivarsdottir July 13, 2012 at 1:19 am #

Beautiful!!

xx

Double-Pizzazz

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Blocking lace | Dinhgiaquamang - July 13, 2012

[...] Cool Colour Blocking « Lilies, Lattes & Lace [...]

2. Prints & Hydrangeas « Lilies, Lattes & Lace - July 19, 2012

[...] it or not, this is actually the same skirt I showed you here last week, in a different pattern. I don’t usually double up on pieces, but I found I was [...]

3. Lovely Lace | Lilies, Lattes & Lace - July 10, 2013

[…] for example has become an easy summer go to, and while this skirt is three years old (and also seen here, and here), I still love wearing it on a regular basis. What have you been wearing in your summer […]