First off, Happy Friday! We are headed into a long weekend, and things are definitely looking up, so it seemed like the perfect time to share some of the things that have been making this week just a little bit brighter. We celebrated our grandparents 65th wedding anniversary last night, and there is something so special and unique about making a milestone like that, it really puts things into perspective. Here is to a weekend full of summer fun, family, friends and love (we are headed to a wedding, so lots of love in our case) and I hope you have a wonderful time enjoying this extra long weekend!
Here is another piece that I showed you a little while ago and how I planned to wear it now and come fall, and this is yet another way to wear this skirt. I love this classic oxford from Joe Fresh (and the amazing price tag that came with it – $24!) and have found it goes easily with a ton of things in my closet. This is an easy work uniform for a day when I need to be polished but still comfortable.
What is your go to work uniform?
Photos By: Anna Hartman
Our love with panini sandwiches continues, with a twist on the classic tuna melt. We have also been making this one on spinach wraps and it is equally delicious, and a nice change up from the bread. This takes 10 minutes from end to end to make, and is such a delicious, comfort food meal.
You will need (makes 4 medium sized sandwiches):
- Bread of your choice (we like sourdough or light rye)
- Green onions sliced thinly (about a 1/2 cup)
- 2 cans light flaked tuna drained
- 2 tbsp mayo
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sliced Cheddar (one per sandwich)
- Mix Tuna, green peppers, mayo, and salt & pepper
- Spoon mixture onto one side of the bread and lay cheese on top
- Brush lightly on outside with olive oil and put into panini press until cheese melts
It seems like just yesterday I was sharing my spring beauty basics, and now as we head into the unofficial start of all things fall, I can’t stop looking at all the gorgeous beauty finds for fall. There are some amazing colour palettes and beautiful, unexpected hues for fall in all areas and I actually had trouble narrowing it down to these favourites. Clearly jewel tones are still prominent and noticeably ingrained in almost every collection, and there seems to be an endless amount of beautiful purple hues. Some of these products are my tried and true, and some are on my current wish list for fall. I don’t think I will be able to resist any of these nail colours though, they are simply too gorgeous!
What is on your fall beauty list? Are you liking some of these picks?
- Chanel Gloss No.169 – Jalousie $32
- Lancome L’Absolu Nu – 3389 Rouge Resille (313) – Deep rose berry $29
- *My Current Go To Red (amazing price point too!) – Maybelline Lipcolor – Very Cherry 635 $9
- Estée Lauder ‘Violet Underground’ – Black Iris $20
- *My MUST have this fall – Essie Stylenomics $8
- YSL Lacquer in #31 Khaki Arty & #32 Rouge Expressioniste $28 each
- *I am in love with these colours -Estée Lauder Pure Color Five Color Eyeshadow Palette in Velvet Underground $50
- Lancome Eye Palette in Violet Magentique $49
- Chanel Ilusion D’Ombre Eye palette $58
- NARS eyebrow pencil in panama $25