Hello my lovely LL&L readers, it is so nice to be back. I don’t really have any major reason for the departure from the blog of late, other than it has been a wonderful summer, and it just seemed natural to take a bit of a breather and reassess some things.
However, I have to say, with the slight turn of the weather this past week, and all of the fall fashion in full force in the stores now, I can definitely feel a pull back to the blog. I miss sharing my favourite recipes and outfits with you and of course connecting with my lovely readers, so I am hoping to get back to a bit more of a regular posting schedule in the next little while.
In the meantime, here are some of the things I am currently obsessing over for fall. A few of these items I was lucky enough to snag when J.Crew was having their seemingly endless sale at the end of July, and I am waiting patiently to wear them, but it is nice to get a few things ahead of time and now I think I need to do a serious closet overhaul (I think I have been thinking about doing this for the past 6 months – procrastinate much?) and see what I actually want to invest in this fall.
What are you on the hunt for this fall?
1. Madewell D’orsay Flat $130 - These are literally at the very top of my list, I love the two tone colour and D’orsay shape of these flats – would love for any of my American readers to fill me in on the fit, since sadly we are still waiting for Madewell to make their way up to Canada
2. Clare Vivier Foldover Clutch $225 – The colour, texture and size of this clutch are all perfect in my book, if I could get one bag this fall, I think this would be the winner
3. Tory Burch Robinson Triangle Tote $525 – I have always loved the Robinson collection, but this slightly unexpected navy takes it to a whole new level, such a great untraditional neutral for your everyday work bag
4. H&M Coat with quilted sleeves $70 – The price point is almost unbelievable and I love the colour combo. I haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but it looks distinctly more expensive than it’s sticker price in real life (I saw it in the store this week) and would be a great coat to get through those fall months before you need to bust out your wool coats up in Canada
5. H&M Chiffon Blouse $30 – I bought this exact blouse in white back in the spring and I have worn it a ton, love the collar and simplicity of it, and looks like they re-released it for fall in some nice, seasonally appropriate colours
6. Anthropologie Kallista Bracelet $48 – Love this statement cuff, you wouldn’t need to wear much else and it could dress up even the most simple outfit without breaking the bank
7. J.Crew Ankle Cuff Pumps $225 – I can’t stop with my love for the ankle strap, and I snagged these during the sale last month and can’t recommend them enough. They seem to continually pop back into stock randomly online, so if you like them, I would suggest you check back often and you might get lucky – However, there are so many great ankle cuff options out this fall, you won’t need to look far to find the perfect pair for you
8. J.Crew Toothpick Jean in Dark Wash $125 – Like I said, I did extremely well with the sale pieces that will transition to fall, but these are a J.Crew staple and I have them in the light wash (seen here) and the white (seen here) so I knew I couldn’t go wrong with a nice dark version for fall – and an added bonus, they work great with an ankle strap pump
9. J.Crew Merino Tippi Sweater $100 – This lightweight knit is the perfect transitional piece for the cooler nights over the next little while, and I love how even though it is patterned, it will still work as a nice neutral piece in my wardrobe
10. Anthropologie Drop Rung Earrings $34 – Such an easy piece to pull together any outfit, the colour was something I wanted to add to my wardrobe, but in an easy and wearable way